HELLO, I am a Python Lover from China

Hello everyone! I am bobozi and I’m a college student from China, I am a Python Lover, I want to do something for it.
Recently, our teacher give us a task to find a open-source project to learn how to contribute. I choose python to study, I once studied Cpython2.7.13 by myself, now I want to contribute to Cpython3.7.12+ with every volunteer.
Thank you for reading here!

3 Likes

Hello
Good to hear about you.
If you want to find an open-source project you can check it onhttps://zulip.com/developer-community/
It’s a good one to work with and now Python has got a new version. Latest Python version : 3.9.1 Download from Python .org which you can learn too.

2 Likes

Welcome, @bobozi-cmd!

For recent developments in Python, you may be interested in looking at some of the official documentation for Python 3.10.0.

See:

Also, best of luck with your work on CPython 3.7.12+.

2 Likes

Thank you for giving me such great suggestion!
Yestoday, I had known some python communities like zulip and subscribed python-ideas mail list.
I also use git clone python’s source code from github, I find there is something different in compiling from download directly in python.org. Maybe it’s my fault in operation, but fortunately, I deal with it.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I once read new changes in Python3.10, I heard that Guido will make python faster! it’s a very cool for me, so i want to do some contribution for python, but my konwledge can’t do me support, so I want to study python3.7.12+ first instand of 3.10.

3 Likes

Hello
Mention not!You are always welcome anytime. Btw Zulip is a good community which you can join if you wan to contribute in open source with people around there.
Sometimes some errors occur on the website which doesn’t allow one to download. You can try again.Even I’ve recently started learning Python so maybe we can help each other out and gain knowledge.

1 Like

Yes, community is a great place where everyone can help each other.But I found that Guido said they will not support zulip?

Hello
Actually Zulip is a community to work on open source projects there related to their applications and systems. They don’t discuss about Python there as we can do in this community. You can know about that by going through the link below or by introducing yourself… therehttps://zulip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/overview/contributing.html

You mean that in Zulip, we can talk about eveything related to python like numpy, pandas… and in this community, we pay more attention to python itself ?
Sorry, I may be a little confuse. But it does not matter, my goal is to make contributions and solve problems.
Now I want to know does Python Developer’s Guide have chinese version, If not, i want to do some translation, may i tell to PSF(or other people) to grant authorization?

1 Like

Hello
As I know Zulip is a community where you can contribute to their ongoing projects and apps development and solve their issues.It may be helpful for you to start with that’s why I suggested you to join them and know how more about it.

Yes, now I know where to start my work, that’s a good beginning.In this year, I tak part in pyCon China as a volunteer to do some translation, so yestoday i join in python transfex to help translation, I can do some simple contribution now! I also want to take part in pyCon Us in the future!
Thank you for your help, Riddhinarula.

1 Like