A hello from a new python users and Student at Saint Leo

Hello, I’m Lavashti Washington. I’m currently a student in my senior year at Saint Leo University and taking my first python programming course.

1 Like

Hiya @big_wash22! And welcome to the Python world!

I hope you’re having fun with Python. Feel free to let us know your questions related to Python!

1 Like

Welcome!

Just out of curiosity, as I see many students for your university do this every academic period—are you required by your class to post introductions here? Or were you just directed to this Discourse by your professor, and some of you have individually decided to post introductions here?

1 Like

It is one of the assignments for week one.

1 Like

Thanks for that information. Please consider encouraging your Python instructors to introduce themselves to us, too. :slight_smile:

The following pages offer helpful information about this forum:

Also see the discussions in the Users category, where many users of this forum ask and answer questions about Python.

If you choose to post code within these discussions in order to seek help or to offer assistance to others, please be sure to format it, so that important aspects of it such as indentation and other details are displayed properly. One technique for formatting code is to place lines of three back ticks before and after the code, as follows:

```
# example code
for i in range(10):
    print("Welcome to Python Foundation Discourse!")
```

Also note the </> button at the top of the editing window, which is for formatting code, after that code has been selected.

2 Likes