Python 3.12 in AIX

Python 3.12 build is broken in AIX for quite sometime.

There are three separate build issues in AIX and there are PRs out there which fixes these issues.

Other two PRs are 96429 & 98768 (Being a new user, I am not able to put more than two links here ).
I know this may not be the right place to ask for review & merge of PRs , but I don’t know where to go and ask help. I request the maintainers to have a look at the PRs as these are minor changes only.

Unfortunately AIX is not an officially supported platform: PEP 11 – CPython platform support | peps.python.org . At this point it would require a core developer to step forward and be willing to act as the AIX expert and to maintain the support to get AIX-specific changes in (generic changes the benefit a supported platform are always welcome).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I get it that AIX is not in the officially supported platform list. I am just hoping some one will review these PRs and merge as these are very minor changes which will make python 3.12.X compile in AIX.

Until AIX fixes are merged into the upstream Python project, you can include pending patches in a fork and maintain these patches there.

Thank you @vstinner and @brettcannon. It is more than 3 months and we have not seen any response on the pull request. Kindly let us know how can we move forward. This is stopping our build bot to work and we are not able to test latest python with AIX. Any help is appreciated.

The one in this thread? It was merged back in November. Or is there a different one?

These are the two pull requests

Those seemed simple enough, I’ve merged them. Feel free to close the issues after confirming they work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support. The build failures are gone now. I have closed the issues.

1 Like

Thanks you @gpshead

1 Like