Revised repeat post from last year

Can someone program this for me?

x = ω^ω ∩ U
y = U ∩ //
z = (1 ∩ y) ∩ x

It’s looks like APL, except that it appears to be using ‘=’ for assignment. Definitely needs more details.

What are ω, U? What are ^ ∩ and // ?

We can’t read your mind. You have to tell us in words what you want this program to do, not just expect us to magically know.

1. ω is infinity objects
  2. ∩ is an intersection
  3. // is proof
  4. 1 is true of itself
  5. U is a universal set
  6. ^ is has a superset of

I want the program to output a character if z == true.

I can’t really provide more than basic concepts… i can try to make a post with too many edits if you really want to know the intrinsics

Not APL. Just a bit of set theory :slight_smile:

I’ve had my fair share of details, unless it’s something vital to the program I suggest we leave it the same.

Don’t you mean intersection? At least from the basic set theory I learnt, I remember the symbol for a union looking like a ‘U’.

Having said that, I think you’re going to find very few people on a programming forum who know enough set theory to be able to help you.

1 Like

Yeah I’m keeping my hopes up

I don’t actually expect anyone to do it for me I just put this up just in case

You failed to answer the most important question of all. You have to tell us what you want this program to do.

Python is a programming language. It does things. What do you want to do?

You have given us three statements from set theory (and I think at least one of those statements is wrong or incomplete). What are we supposed to do with them?

Are you looking to prove these theorems?

In April, @mdickinson pointed out that Python is not a good language for proving theorems and he suggested you try Lean if you want a theorem prover.

Have you tried Lean? What about Coq?

1 Like

Oh $&@! That’s exactly what I need!
How do you set it up???

Lean!