Error installing Python on macOS Ventura

The Installation failed.

The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance

You haven’t provided any details.

Which operating system? Which version of Python?

Copy and paste any messages, wrapping them in backticks to preserve any formatting:

```
(error lines)
```

You can do that by selecting the error lines you’ve posted and then clicking the </> button.

How did you try to install? What operating system? What version of Python? Where did you get the installer from?

Do you have antivirus software stopping installation? Is this a work or school laptop that is locked so you can’t install anything? If you got asked for a root or admin password, did you mistype it?

If you are using Windows, it is probably easiest to install from the Microsoft Store.

I downloaded the latest version of software 3.11.2 and installed it as per the step provided by google.
I use MacOS Ventura 13.2.1, M1 chip.

See this thread, where the OP had the same error message on macOS Ventura:

It’s a generic error message so it may be a different error; if the fixes there don’t work, please share the full installation log as that user did for us to be able to help further. Thanks.

Or more relevantly, see this thread (that I remembered but couldn’t find before):

I have the same problem, can’t install Python in Mac Ventura 13