How would I get fetch a specific currency from an exchange?

Hi, I wrote a few pieces of code to first connect to my api and then to display my balance (I’ve blocked out the password and api keys). I imported the first module and when I ran it, it worked! Here is the code:

Here is the first module named dontshare_config001 Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the second piece of code: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

This works well but it fetches all the currency balances. I’d like to simply fetch the balance for say bitcoin or USD. How would I go about doing this?

Please don’t post screenshots of text including code.

Copy and paste the code and format it as code.

Which API are you using to fetch currency balances? Do you have a link to the documentation? Does that API offer a function to get a single currency? What do the docs say?

Thanks for responding. I am very new to coding and so many of my questions will be very dumb. I have actually figured out how to do it!

However, I have a few questions. I originally connected to kraken like this:

kraken = ccxt.kraken ({
        'enableRateLimit': True,
        'apiKey': dontshare_config001.apikey,
        'secret': dontshare_config001.privatekey,
})

However, my working solution connected like this:

import krakenex

api_key = 'My_API_Key'
api_secret = 'My_API_Secret'

client = krakenex.API(api_key, api_secret)

Are they different api’s? Could you explain to me a little more about the whole process? coding is quite hard to get into and I find that I’ve been given a lot of instructions without much understanding behind the instructions, I understand that it’s probably too basic for most coders. I am learning very fast and I do want to learn it thoroughly and so I need to ask these stupid questions.

Finally, is the documentation you mention the documentation on Github? Would that explain the difference between the API’s?

Thanks again for your patience.