Python SSL Configuration Issue

Subject: Python SSL Configuration Issue

I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving an issue I am having with my Python SSL configuration. Specifically, my MacBook states that my OpenSSL version is LibreSSL 3.3.6, however, Python’s SSL version is 2.8.3. I am using Python 3.9.6 and cannot link to the OpenSSL versions 3.1.0. I have attempted several solutions with the help of an AI language model, but none of them have resolved the issue.

Here is a summary of the steps we have taken so far:

• Checked the version of OpenSSL using the following command: openssl version. The output was LibreSSL 3.3.6.
  • Checked the version of Python SSL using the following command: python -c "import ssl; print(ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION)". The output was LibreSSL 2.8.3.
  • Attempted to update OpenSSL using Homebrew by running the following command: brew install openssl@3. The installation completed successfully, and we confirmed that the new OpenSSL libraries were located in /opt/homebrew/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.0/lib.
  • Attempted to link Python to the new OpenSSL libraries using the following command: env LDFLAGS="-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.0/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.0/include" pyenv install --patch 3.9.6 < <(curl -sSL https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/8ea6353.patch\?full_index\=1). However, this command failed with the error message: configure: error: in /var/folders/wk/jj5_wfcj4n38z12v4fd1dmtr0000gn/T/python-build.20220507215622.81773/Python-3.9.6': configure: error: internal configure error for the platform triplet, please file a bug report.
  • Attempted to rebuild Python with the new OpenSSL library by downloading the Python source code, extracting it, navigating to the directory containing the extracted files, and running the ./configure --with-openssl=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.0 command. However, this command also failed with the error message: checking for the platform triplet based on compiler characteristics... darwin configure: error: internal configure error for the platform triplet, please file a bug report.

Additionally, a friend recommended running the command pip install openssl, but we are unsure if this will help resolve the issue.

I would greatly appreciate any further guidance or assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. Thank you for your time and support.