How to install arcpy package?

Getting Error : ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘arcpy’

It sounds like https://packaging.python.org/ should help you out.

If you aren’t able to find what you need there, please come back and let us know. We can turn those into documentation improvements.

No, I’m not getting that package details in the document.
arcpy: Python package which comes with the ArcGIS, but I want to use this package without the ArcGIS.

Looking on PyPI, it seems like the author only publicly provides the arcgis package, and there is no arcpy by itself present. Of course it could be separated into its own package and placed on PyPI, but is likely not allowed in the license for someone else to upload just arcpy (IANAL nor did I closely look, but that seems to be the most likely scenario). It appears to be intentionally restricted to those w/ ArcGIS Pro, so I doubt it’s publicly available for anyone to install by itself.

1 Like

As Kyle says, you’ll need to ask the distributor. All we do here is handle the generic tools, but it’s up to the package developers whether they want to use those or not. It sounds like in this case they’ve decided to do it another way (I’m not at all familiar with their licensing, so I’m not going to speculate about any options other than going and talking to them)

2 Likes