Python Help for Discord Bot: Is there a way to disable the "help" command?

Hello, thanks for clicking!
This is a fairly basic thing, but I was wondering if there was a way to disable the help command, here are the details:

I have a bot running in commands, and if someone sends the message “help” on discord, the bot will display all commands in a message using some of discord’s many font editing feautures, the message says:

"​No Category:
Hello
help Shows this message

Type help command for more info on a command.
You can also type help category for more info on a category."

I don’t have a description for the commands or any categories coded in, my exact code minus the discord token is below:

import discord from discord.ext import commands client = commands.Bot(command_prefix='')
@client.event async def on_ready(): print("The bot is ready!") @client.command() async def Hello(ctx): await ctx.send("Hello")

If there is a way to disable the help command, please let me know. It would also be nice to know how to code in categories, and see what all the bot does with them.

Thank you for your time, and in advance I appreciate all replies.

I worked on a chatbot project recently and I came across this same issue. I searched for answers and I found this question from you. so I had promised myself that when I find the answer I’ll reply to this query :grinning:
The issue here is the you do not need both client = discord.Client() and client = commands.Bot(command_prefix=".") You would have to delete client = discord.Client() for the command to work. Also, you do not need import ctx because it is already imported in from discord.ext import commands . That should be the problem with your code. If you run into any other problems you could reply to this thread. If you wish to learn more about how I completed the project then feel free to check out my chatbot development services page. Hopefully you will find more answers there.

Thanks! Sorry on the late reply, it has been a while!