Building python 3.9.4 from source fails to point to standard library on Big Sur M1

This issue may be caused by an environment configuration issue and not that of the python build scripts themselves, but I’m hoping maybe someone can educate me in methods to help diagnose the issue. Building python itself is ‘successful’ but without any of the standard libraries, none of the tests will pass. I’m working with a new project I have little experience in, so forgive any ignorance on my part. The build scripts don’t fail on any of the Linux or normal MACOS systems that are built for, only for Apple M1 ARM.

Looking at the logs, clang is not given the directory to the *.c files to compile them. I do see them in Modules/ so I do know they exist. I would expect the .c file would be Modules/*.c but it’s dropping the Modules from the path to the .c files
I snipped some options related to libs and includes what wasn’t pertinent to what the compile error looks like.

/usr/bin/gcc -m64 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -m64 -std=c99 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -fvisibility=hidden -c arraymodule.c -o build/temp.macosx-11.0-arm64-3.9/arraymodule.o
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'arraymodule.c'
clang: error: no input files

resulting in these modules failing

This text will be hidden
Failed to build these modules:
_asyncio              _bisect               _blake2            
_bz2                  _codecs_cn            _codecs_hk         
_codecs_iso2022       _codecs_jp            _codecs_kr         
_codecs_tw            _contextvars          _crypt             
_csv                  _ctypes               _ctypes_test       
_curses               _curses_panel         _datetime          
_dbm                  _decimal              _elementtree       
_hashlib              _heapq                _json              
_lsprof               _lzma                 _md5               
_multibytecodec       _multiprocessing      _opcode            
_pickle               _posixshmem           _posixsubprocess   
_queue                _random               _scproxy           
_sha1                 _sha256               _sha3              
_sha512               _socket               _sqlite3           
_ssl                  _statistics           _testbuffer        
_testcapi             _testimportmultiple   _testinternalcapi  
_testmultiphase       _tkinter              _uuid              
_xxsubinterpreters    _xxtestfuzz           _zoneinfo          
array                 audioop               binascii           
cmath                 fcntl                 grp                
math                  mmap                  nis                
parser                pyexpat               resource           
select                syslog                termios            
unicodedata           xxlimited             zlib               

Thanks for any advice on what I can do to diagnose this issue. I’m happy to share any other information needed.

./configure is run with the following commands
./configure --prefix=/<PATHTO>/BigSur-ARM/Python-3.9.4.BigSur-ARM --enable-shared --build=aarch64-apple-darwin20.1.0 --target=aarch64-apple-darwin20.1.0 --with-openssl=/opt/homebrew/opt/openssl CPPFLAGS=" -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -I/usr/include" LDFLAGS=" -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -L/usr/lib" --with-tcltk-libs=/<PATHTO>/BigSur-ARM/tcltk8.6.10.BigSur-ARM/lib --with-tcltk-includes=/<PATHTO>/BigSur-ARM/tcltk8.6.10.BigSur-ARM/include