Account deletion/permanent deactivation?

It seems like the profile settings have no way of deleting an account, or irreversibly disabling the login for the future to prevent malicious overtaking of a definitely abandoned account. Or am I just missing it? I couldn’t find it. I definitely do not want to use this account anymore, and the e-mail associated with it may soon be available to others, so it’s not really safe to leave the account in a normal usable state.

4 Likes

I see that this has not been replied to, despite the fact that it was posted about 1 year ago.

Do you not think that this issue needs to be addressed?

Is it not a requirement that Forums have this function?

1 Like

I can’t seem to find anything either.

It also raises EU GDPR concerns, for one…

1 Like

Good morning
I would like to restart this discussion because I want to delete my account and I DON’T SEE HOW TO DO IT!

On other speech-type forums, this is perfectly possible, in the settings, which means that the creator of the forum has voluntarily removed this option…
Aïe, j’ai mal à ma RGPD (lol) :cold_face:
(sorry for my bad english, i use Google translate for speak… I’m frensh)

@+
Space.

See Add Account Deletion - feature - Discourse Meta

It’s only possible to delete a recently created discourse account. This is standard on all discourse forums.

Rohh… But then I can’t delete my account without asking the moderator? Complicated for such a trivial operation, I find… Anyway. To ask the moderator, how do you get there? Is there a preferred method?

Sincerely
Space

1. Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner
  2. Click on the envelope icon to go to your personal messages
  3. Click the blue button that says “New Message”
  4. Click “Add users or groups”
  5. Search for “moderators”
  6. Compose your message
  7. Click the blue button that says “Message” to send you message to the moderators
1 Like

Hi @anon18832024 , I’m a moderator (now) and would be happy to remove (“anonymize”) your user, which deletes your account and deletes your personal data in conformance with GDPR requirements. Just to confirm, since this is an irreversible action and there will be no way to restore it, nor to contact you after the deed is done, you’re sure you want us to do this? Upon your replying to confirm, I will immediately perform the requested action. We’re sorry to see you go, and best of luck with everything in the future!

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your answer !
Sorry for the lateness of mine, too :woozy_face:

Yes, I would like you to delete my account permanently, thank you :slight_smile:

Sincerely
first space: earth…

It is done. Best of luck!

Hi there, can you please delete my account in addition to my pygame.org account associated with my alternate email? There is no way to do the latter. Thank you for your time.

Your account here has been deleted. We do not manage that other website.

Please send a private message to the @moderators group if you would like to delete your account on this forum.