current scenario -
the site does not have a graphs/statistics/timeline page.
some of the below-listed graphs could be found, but they are not on one page.
expected scenario -
the site has such a page, which includes different types of graphs, timeline plots, and statistics details, such as,
(these could be from the time range 20 Feb 1991 - present, or as per data availability)
- timeline of major additions to the language, such as match-case statement, decorator, walrus …
- number of downloads of the language over time, could even add details related to the OS used by people.
- number of contributors, prs, issues over time
- timeline of PEPs
- timeline of conference events such as PyCon, EuroPython …
- number of lines of c vs python code in cpython repo over time
- timeline of development of repos related to alternative implementations of the language, such as pypy, jython, cython
- timeline of major deprecations if any
- different versions release timeline
it becomes easier for a new user to be aware of the history, and how the language developed in the past with the help of graphs, timelines.