Ashlie Here, Saying Hello!

Hi all! I’m an SLU student learning Python. I’m both nervous and excited to see what I will learn this term. Just dropping in to say hi!

2 Likes

Hello Ashlie, welcome to the Python community!

I hope you’re enjoying Python, and I can promise you’ll learn a lot of things with Python :slight_smile: If you need something, you can feel free to come with us :wink:

BTW, I want to share with you a small (but useful) tip. Whenever you need to share code, please use a Markdown code block:

```
Put your code here, so it can be formatted correctly...
```

And put your normal text outside.

Greetings!

2 Likes

Welcome!

Just out of curiosity, as I see many students for your university (I’m assuming you’re referring to St. Leo University like several of the others, rather than the much more common use of “SLU” to mean St. Louis University) do this every academic period—are you required by your class to post introductions here? Or were you just directed to this Discourse by your professor, and some of you have individually decided to post introductions here? Thanks!

4 Likes

Perhaps some of the students can encourage their Python instructors to introduce themselves to us in this Welcome to Discourse! category. :wink: That would provide those instructors with the opportunity to tell us something about the Python courses they are teaching, which we would find very interesting. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcomes! The answer is yes. It is suggested we come here and post an introduction. We are told you folks are the best of the best and we can learn a lot from you. So here we are. I will certainly let my professor know you would like an intro from him too. Who knows, maybe he’s already here! Looking forward to learning from you!

3 Likes

Thanks, we would very much enjoy meeting him! :slight_smile:

3 Likes