CommandlineWindow

After installation my CommandLineWindow have just the Heading, the 2nd menu-line isn’t there. Without it, it’s impossible to continue to follow the course !?
(+15 years with C… but almost nothing with Unix)

What is CommandLineWindow? How did you install it?

What heading? What menu-line? What course are you doing?

You mention C and Unix. Does this have anything to do with Python?

[MESSAGE #1 of 2]

Oh sorry Steven !

I got a little too eager…
Yes, I downloaded it from python.org
The two pictures says it all:
…but I can only send one att the time… sending the other one directly after this…

MY COURSE:

**TNX  Felleh   *(I started programming in 1978...Sweden)***

[MESSAGE #2 of 2]

Oh sorry Steven !

I got a little too eager…
Yes, I downloaded it from python.org
The two pictures says it all:
…but I can only send one att the time… and this is the other one !

MY COURSE:

**TNX  Felleh   *(I started programming in 1978...Sweden)***

When you installed Python on Windows, it should’ve created a group in the Start menu, containing several launchers.

Running the “IDLE” launcher will give you a window similar to the one in that tutorial.

(If you’re not using Windows, then… well, then the default Linux Python doesn’t have a window with a menu, it just runs in the shell terminal. That tutorial is Windows-oriented, and won’t exactly apply to other OSes.)

I think you have posted the same image twice.

Some questions:

1. Are you running Windows, Linux or Mac?

2. How did you open the command line window in the first place?

3. Tell us the steps you used, with full detail: "First I clicked Start Menu, then I clicked X, then I typed ‘blah blah blah ENTER’, etc. We need to follow along step by step.

4. Does the Udemy course give you instructions for opening the command line window? What happens if you follow them exactly?

My guess is that Udemy expects you to run IDLE, and that somehow you are not running IDLE but the native terminal or console provided by the operating system.

That should not make any difference as far as the Python code itself goes. But if the Udemy course needs you to run IDLE commands through the menus, it could get difficult.

Hi Steven !
Well yes I forgot to change picture, but on the other hand I think the text was enought…

1. W10
  2. I think I used the StartMenu… (not 100)
  3. When I saw that the 2nd (menu) row wasn’ there,
    I stoped the course and started trobbleshooting…
    At last I wrote to U guys…

As U and Frank have proposed, I have now tested the IDLE(-start), and now the 2nd line-“tabs” is there !

So, now I can continue my course.

BR & 3E8h THX, Felleh :sweden: