Documentation community meeting: April 4th

Let me try and clear things up (for my self):

• IIUC, the active group is now the Docs Community
  • The Docs Community group started out as the Docs WG (here)
  • The three available meeting notes seems to mention both groups; I find that confusing :slight_smile:
    1. Feb 2022 meeting notes: I get the impression that this is the Docs WG [1]
    2. Mar 2022 meeting notes: I get the impression that there are now two groups; looking at the notes, I get the impression that the two groups are somehow connected
    3. Apr 2022 meeting notes: ditto – I’m still confused :slight_smile:
  • https://docs-community.readthedocs.io mention both groups; looking at the Purpose and Common Goals of the Docs WG, it seems that some of those goals overlap with the Docs Community activities (ref. Diataxis discussion). Observation: The Docs Community does not have a Purpose and Common Goals section. I find this confusing :slight_smile:
  • The “team” section lists the members of the two teams. According to that page, all “current active doc group” members are members of the Docs WG (“Workgroup Members”) and that the members of the Docs Community (“Community Team”) are to be decided. This seems to contradict Petr’s latest post. Or the other way around :slight_smile: I’m genuinely confused, but very happy for the efforts! I’m also fine with being left in a confused state, as long as the docs end up being improved :rocket:

Maybe it’s just a matter of updating the docs-community RTD site.

Suggestions for improvement:

• Clearly describe the purpose and goals of each group
  • Clearly describe the relationship between the two groups
  • Update the member list in the docs-community “team” section

1. “We talked about the docs group at the last 2 lang summits. This time the group has started!” ↩︎

1 Like