Does the Nov 16 - Nov 30 voting timeframe still work?

No, that’s not what I mean :-). I mean that PEP 8001, the one that’s currently in the PEP’s repo, has been revised to make it so that you cannot change your mind after you cast your vote. (Or, well, you can change your mind, but if you do then sucks to be you, because you can’t change your vote.) You probably want to read this thread:

So uh, I don’t want to put words in your mouth, but putting that fact together with what you wrote, it sounds like you’re saying that PEP 8001 requires further discussion?

“Non-disputed” feels a bit revisionist? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

I mean, I know it’s no-one’s favorite outcome, but if the end result of all this is that the vote schedule slips once and things are resolved in January, then that’s not the end of the world? Even if we pick one of the proposals that requires a followup vote and that takes a month, then we’ll still be done by the end of Februrary, well ahead of Guido’s deadline of PyCon (which is May 1-9). And everyone who’s been pushing for voting ASAP will still get to feel satisfied that their work kept things moving well enough to keep us down to a single schedule slip :-).