Introducing IPWHL: an alternative Python package repository

Hi there, @xarvos! My name is Jay and I currently work at Protocol Labs with @aronchick. I absolutely LOVE this idea! We are currently starting an initiative at Protocol Labs to standardize ingestion, interoperability and availability of registry-like things like PIP. One of our pilot projects is IPCR, the Interplanetary Container Registry, which allows docker users to push and pull their container images to/from the IPFS/Filecoin for free through a deal broker called Estuary.

I am assembling a working group to help define a common set of practices for defining registry IPLD data schemas, packaging, and ingestion. Would love to have your input and/or participation.

lodge@protocol.ai

If you would like feedback on anything you do, please post any questions, links, etc. to this category and I’m sure we can provide input.

I would also want to make you aware of PEP 691 – JSON-based Simple API for Python Package Indexes | peps.python.org in case this influences how things may work (I don’t know if IPFS lets you control the content type such that it can be set on the HTTP response).

1 Like