Ipython fails to open

I am doing basics in python programming and I try to install ipython to my laptop. I have a windows 10 to work with. I installed python 3.9.5. and used pip install to install ipython as instructed by the course manual I am attending to. Once I try to open ipython I get an error message below. I have tried to fix the installation but the problems persists. What is wrong here ?

C:\Users\arttu>ipython
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "c:\program files\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python39\Scripts\ipython.exe\__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "c:\program files\python39\lib\site-packages\IPython\__init__.py", line 52, in <module>
    from .core.application import Application
  File "c:\program files\python39\lib\site-packages\IPython\core\application.py", line 25, in <module>
    from traitlets.config.application import Application, catch_config_error
  File "c:\program files\python39\lib\site-packages\traitlets\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from ._version import __version__, version_info
  File "c:\program files\python39\lib\site-packages\traitlets\_version.py", line 7, in <module>
    assert __version__ == (
AssertionError

This is a bug in traitlets version 5.2.2, see Traitets fail to load - Version 5.2.2 AssertionError · Issue #741 · ipython/traitlets · GitHub.
The bug is fixed in version 5.2.2.post1, as well as the most recent version, 5.3.0.

Try upgrading traitlets.