import re
from datetime import datetime

But when I am trying to run it, there is an error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘timeis’

And when I am trying to install ‘timeis’ by:

pip3 install timeis

the result is:

Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement timeis (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for timeis

Can anyone help how to install timeis ?

Are you sure this isn’t a misspelling for ´timeit’?

Welcome!

When posting code, in order to preserve indentation and formatting critical for understanding its meaning, make sure to post it in a code block, like this:

```python
YOUR CODE HERE
```

Second, I’ll do my best to answer your question, but in return would you mind answering one of ours? Specifically, could you explain what about the “Python Software Foundation” category name or or short description,

This category is for the discussions relating to the Python Software Foundation

led you to post a general help question in this category, near the very bottom of the list, instead of the “Users” category at the very top? I moved it for you, but given there have been several other users just in the past few days who have done the same thing, there appears to be something that’s confusing people, and we want to understand why so we can help make it clearer for other users like you in the future.

Is there something specific that makes it sound like this category is for user help questions, or is there something we can improve to avoid others making this same mistake in the future? We’d appreciate any insight you can provide on this, thanks.

As to your question, I could not find any mention of a Python library with that name on PyPI, GitHub or elsewhere on the web, so it seems to be a typo of some sort. Did you mean to import timeit? Or time? Or from another module you’ve written called timeis? Is this code you’ve written on your own—if so, what is your intent here? If not, where did you find the code, and did you read it carefully before copying it?

Also, you should avoid using from <module> import *, as it makes your code much harder to read, understand, check and debug, and makes many common errors much easier for little benefit. In particular, if you imported specific names from the module, we could likely infer what you meant to type, but here we’re left to blindly guess.

Just because there is no any clear category for help, that’s why I posted in what is more close to it, from my opinion.
So, if there would be category “General Help” it would be much clearer I think.

https://github.com/bdhrs/epd/blob/master/epd.py

looks like this code is working for the author.

Thanks for your insight, it is quite helpful. I’m still a little unclear what specifically made one think a category stated specifically to be for discussions related to a nonprofit organization, entitled the name of that organization, would be more relevant than one called “Users”, stated to be for general discussions of the Python programming language, but I’m guessing it has to do with differences in translation and word usage across languages, coupled with being unfamiliar with what the PSF is.

In any case, I agree that it would be a good idea to at the very least mention “help” in the description of the Users category, so it is clear it is the place to ask such questions. Additionally, we could consider adding a new “Python Help” category or similar, focused on help with the Python language and the standard library. I’ll bring this up on the relevant #site-feedback thread, thanks.

Then, if that is true, the author must have another module named timeis either installed, on their PATH/PYTHONPATH or in the same working directory, which is not tracked in that Git repo, that contains at least a timeis() callable. As I can find no trace of such a module in either the repo you sent me, on PyPI, GitHub or the internet at large, I’d suggest reaching out to them and asking (e.g. opening an issue), as I’m not sure what else to tell you, sorry.

There is no evidence that the code there is working. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. The code requires files on the author’s home computer, which we do not have, so it is impossible to run it to see.

Maybe timeis is a typo, or maybe it is the author’s private library which is not available anywhere else.

Wasn’t it someone else who created the original post? The original poster has the user name @Devamitta, which differs from yours.

I assume its the same person with a different account for some reason, since the display name of the second account is the first name and username of the first account.

It could be, and that would cause some confusion within a discussion. If that is the case, the user might be able to get the attention of staff by flagging one of the posts, and then by choosing the Something Else radio button, and asking that the accounts be united into a single one.

EDIT (April 9, 2022):

Whatever the case may be, both accounts have offered us their very first posts within this thread, as evidenced by the familiar message above them:

This is the first time … has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

… and so, accordingly, …

Welcome to Python Software Foundation Discourse, @Devamitta and @Deva ! We hope you enjoy the discussions here!

:wink:

By C.A.M. Gerlach via Discussions on Python.org at 09Apr2022 09:33:

Thanks for your insight, it is quite helpful. I’m still a little unclear what specifically made one think a category stated specifically to be for discussions related to a nonprofit organization, entitled the name of that organization, would be more relevant than one called “Users”, stated to be for general discussions of the Python programming language. But I imagine that, at least in most cases, the language barrier likely has something to do with it, likely coupled with lack of familiarity with what the PSF is.

In any case, I agree that it would be a good idea to at the very least mention “help” in the description of the Users category, so it is clear it is the place to ask such questions.

+1

Additionally, we could consider adding a new “Python Help” category or
similar, focused on help with the Python language and the standard
library. I think that might be a good idea, to avoid overwhelming
general-interest posts like this
one
in the flood of user questions,
but that’s a substantially bigger change and would require more
discussion and consensus.

I remain of the opinion that the “Users” section is, and should remain,
the “help” section. I think trying to partition it would be vague at
best and ineffective anyway.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson cs@cskk.id.au

Funny enough, I didn’t even notice since the first name was the same and they responded as if they were the OP, so I simply assumed they were. Considering the first account has the display name “Devamitta Bhikku” and username “Devamitta”, and the second account “Devamitta” and “Deva”, and they replied to my original question with the source of the code which I was unable to find myself by googling, I think we can safety conclude they are the same person, or they are deliberately impersonating them.

You might want to post that over in the #site-feedback thread, where I’ve moved a revised version of that part of my post here, where it is more on-topic.

I do not know why I have become a different user…
But the problem has been solved, the author shared with me his module.
Thanks to everyone.