Python-3.11.0 Build failure

Is 32MB stack size enough for building this?

Did you use make -j?
Please write complete step you run.

I tried a simple make as well as make -j 8 and make -j 16. None worked.

steps would be as follows,
creating a build directory inside of Python-3.11, and then cd to build.

ā€¦/configure --with-system-ffi --prefix=/usr
make

Thank you Guido for hinting on this idea, this has got me thinking in a different direction. I am trying to confirm the max stack size for the platform. What is the least stack size required to build Python-3.11?

Also, how do I verify the checksum for the tarball?

I use Ubuntu 22.04 and I donā€™t customize ā€œstack sizeā€. ulimit -s shows 8192.
So my stack size is only 8MiB. 32MiB must be enough.

1 Like

Thank you Naoki for confirming this.

Use the commands

free -h
ulimit -a

Our system contains minimal functionality and It doesnā€™t support these commands. If you tell me what you are looking for specifically I can get back with it.

How can we get python support for our systems, is there a process, how can we go about this?

currently I see this in configure output, that our platform is not supported by CPython Core team.

Asking this again here, can someone please confirm what is the significance of file_rule function in Parser/parser.c file.

Then cat /proc/meminfo

No such file in our systems. What is it that we want to get from this file? Which particular memory requirement are we looking for? We have other commands to get the same if you tell us what to look for specifically.

That file is generated from Grammar/python.gram. There is a function named foo_rule for each grammar rule foo. This particular function is for this rule:

file[mod_ty]: a=[statements] ENDMARKER { _PyPegen_make_module(p, a) }

For a good overview of how the parser works, see the dev guide: Guide to the parser

Use whatever command works on your OS to show the amount of memory that a process can use. What is your OS?

The reason I am asking is that MemoryError often means you have run out of memory in the process.

we are currently building a 32 bit version so the entire physical memory for execution will be around 1.2GB and in that space available for our process might be still less. What do you think Barry, might this be the issue?

Thank you Guido.