Remove Coordinator role of inactive coordinators on bugs.python.org

I’ve just removed the Coordinator role from my own account; Martin von Löwis gave me the role yonks ago, but I’ve barely used it since and don’t have any need for it.

Ned asked Ernest to cleanup the list of coordinators on bugs.python.org, whereas I proposed to do it. Since February, nothing changed: Martin v. Löwis (for example) is still a coordinator.

Can I contact coordinators that I consider to be inactive to see if they would be ok too loose their right?

1 Like

Can I be added as Coordinator, please? So I can grant triage role to people.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Also, perhaps it would help if we know more what are the powers of a “Coordinator”?
Just now I requested to be added as Coordinator so I can help granting triage role to people, but wondering if to comes with even more responsibilities?
I also wonder if coordinator can update the CLA record in b.p.o, I’m guessing that’s the reason bwaliszewski is in the list. If that’s the case, then Betsy should remain.

1 Like

I think I’ve just done that. Please check.

I actually don’t know :slight_smile:

FWIW, I wish to keep the coordinator role and have needed to use it occasionally.

I believe you can change a user’s settings.

They can.

1 Like

My proposal is to contact coordinators who look inactive for at least 1 year: no commit, no review, no email, nothing. (It is clearly not your case.) My proposal is to contact these inactive coordinators to ask them if they want to keep their role or not, remove their role if they don’t answer in 1 month, but leave the option of adding back their role if they ask for. It’s mostly for security reason.

2 Likes

@ezio-melotti @EWDurbin: Since issues have been migrated to GitHub, would it make sense to drop the Coordinator role of most current Coordinators to reduce the risk of an attack?

I just modified an issue by mistake (old habbit and I just followed a link) on bugs.python.org, it was accepted because I’m a coordinator. The prevent further mistakes, I dropped my Coordinator role from my account User 2377: [hidden] - Python tracker

4 Likes

This is now done.

@rhettinger, do you still wish to be a Coordinator now that we migrated?