Requesting a code review part two

Okay, this isn’t going to end, so should I just forget that AI exists, or just wait for it to mature, or just not use it when I ask for code review?

Yes, Rosuav teaches me that you can’t improve someone who is fixed with something you can’t improve or control.

@Rosuav I have the feeling that you will not answer me, so I just ask a bunch of AIs to end this discussion.

Me:
I have someone review my code, but they don’t like the fact that I am using ChatGPT for the completion of my code.

Now answer this question:
should I just forget that AI exists, or just wait for it to mature, or just not use it when I ask for code review?

ChatGPT:
It ultimately depends on the context of the code review and the preferences of the person reviewing your code. If they are uncomfortable with the use of AI in code completion, it may be best to respect their opinion and not use it during the code review process.

However, it’s worth considering that AI tools like ChatGPT can be helpful in certain situations, such as generating boilerplate code or suggesting potential solutions to problems. As AI technology continues to mature, it may become more widely accepted in the software development industry.

If you do decide to use AI tools for code completion, it’s important to use them responsibly and not rely on them completely. Make sure to review and test the code generated by the AI, and be aware of any potential limitations or biases in the tool’s algorithms.

Perplexity: I have someone review my code, but they don't like the fact that I am using ChatGPT for the completion of my code. Now answer this question: should I just forget that AI exists, or just wait for it to mature, or just not use it when I ask for code review?

HuggingFace: HuggingChat

So my conclusion is to avoid using AI if I am planning to ask for Code Review.

The funny thing is that an AI doesn’t get tired of answering my nonsense questions :man_facepalming:

Suggestions I have not noticed so far

Do pair (or ensemble) programming on an open source project, or on one of the various Python chat forums (Discord, Slack, Matrix, etc).

Collaborate on docs or tests. Translation is always welcome.

I’m happy to provide more details.

2 Likes