Road Map for a Visual Learner Suggestions?

Greetings All!

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good road map for a visual learner? I have this inner desire to learn Python and have tinkered with a few places to learn (CodeAcademy…Youtube…etc) but I get so side tracked by people and advertisements saying learn it this way or that way. I would like to find a visual point A to B to teach me what I need to know. At this point I do not know exactly what I want to do with Python which is often the reason I get nowhere. Seems everyone that is learning has a purpose for learning it but I don’t at the moment. Maybe the road map I’m seeking could show a long the way areas where python is used and gives a taste of it to help me determine my Python career.

Thanks for any info!
Syro

I don’t know what you mean by ‘visual learner’ in this context, but I learned by reading the Python tutorial and then parts of the Reference and Library manual *along with running lots of interactive experiments. I learned and still learned by seeing that actual function calls do, and by testing odd cases.

Thanks Terry, I guess by visual learner I meant like coding, say a program where you can see the results rather than a line of text. Maybe it’s more towards your interactive experiments as well.