Seeking a consensus about the purpose and future of `pyproject.toml`

It could in an initial draft and then iterated. It is what we did when we did a survey PEP for PEP 8002 – Open Source Governance Survey | peps.python.org. That PEP came before the other PEPs on Python specific governance.

Thank you for the explanation. However, at this point, from the rest of the feedback in this thread, it seems abundantly clear to me that the community is strongly opposed to having me lead such an effort. It was never my intent to lead, chair, whatever… the corresponding discussion in the first place - only to facilitate it.

… There was more I was going to write here, but it seems kinda pointless now.

You are welcome.

Speaking for myself, I think that people are encouraging you to learn more about the ecosystem, get hands-on with a packaging project, keep questions and responses brief, and keep messages scoped to one specific topic.

Please try not to be discouraged. I believe community members were trying to guide you to being more effective as a community member. Thanks for caring about packaging too.

13 Likes

I don’t see why that’s a topic for a forum like this. If you control a file and something’s changing it in a way you don’t like, then don’t let that thing make those changes, right?