Steering Council Nomination: Pablo Galindo Salgado (2021 Term)

I know I am already quoted in this post, but I would like to re-iterate that everything I said in my nomination of Pablo for the 2019 term still fully applies, and I am even more convinced than ever that Pablo would be an excellent addition to the Steering Council.

I trust Pablo possibly more than any other person on technical and design matters, because he is thorough, dedicated and brilliant. If I could, I would have him as the default BDFL-delegate on all my PEPs — not because I think he would go easy on me, but because I think he would truly think through all the implications of my proposal and find any problems with it.

But more than that, Pablo is intimately familiar with almost all aspects of the Python project. He’s a release manager, he has mentored and promoted a great number of core devs, he has maintained the buildbots and worked on automation for the project, and he has been broadly involved in the community as well.

At this point, though, I think most core devs have already interacted with Pablo enough to see that he’s the real deal, so possibly it wasn’t necessary for me to heap so much praise in his general direction. Still, I feel strongly enough that I could not avoid stealing a little time away from my many pressing obligations to encourage y’all to vote for him.

P.S. Special message to all the people running for Steering Council: working with Pablo is an awesome experience, and I highly recommend it. Y’all are picking the other 4 people you’re going to be having weekly meetings with for the next year when you vote, so I expect Pablo to get at least as many votes as he has co-candidates :wink:

11 Likes