Thoth - an enhanced server-side resolution offered to the Python community

Howdy Fridolin,

great, thank you very very very much!

So true!!! But a truth, which a lot of people here might not like very much… :yum:
I like it! Correction: I love it…

Cool idea! And for all, who do not know the term reinforcement-learning techniques: they are used to train neural networks…

That’s absolutely great! So I should definitely try it eventually, as I deem to have the ideal test setup:

blythooon · PyPI

The packages of Blythooon had to be / were assembled manually (a lot of criterions were involved, about which the current resolver has no specific information, too) - the standard resolver failed / fails for many packages comprised and not yet comprised (e.g. try to install opencv-python with pip in Blythooon’s ‘PysideGui’ environment).

At the moment I am quite busy, but count on my feedback as soon as I have enough spare time!

There recently also was a discussion about vulnerabilities here:

Proposing a community maintained database of PyPI package vulnerabilities - Packaging - Discussions on Python.org

I would love, if you guys could somehow take that project into account - might be very useful for Toth as well as for the guys maintaining said vulnerabilities database?

A topic which would interest me concerning Toth is the question: does resp if so, how does Toth take user feedback alike “I tried packet A version X in conjunction with paket B version Y - they installed but do not work properly together in this combination” into account? I would love, if you could elaborate a little about that? How is the information flow…?

Cheers to you and the Toth team, Dominik

1 Like