Vote on possible steering council election timelines

So one request has been no sooner than January 6, and I requested no later than January 15 or so. The PEP says 2 weeks for nominations and 2 weeks for voting for this initial step. Since it’s specifically two weeks for each step I say we start on a Monday so we end on a Sunday. With those constraints in mind we should probably see which dates work for people and which dates people prefer (e.g. I can make both proposed date ranges work, but I definitely prefer the later one due to travel).

Which dates work for you to nominate and vote in the steering council?

• Jan 07 - Feb 03 (Jan 03 - Jan 16 nominations, Jan 17 - Feb 03 voting)
  • Jan 14 - Feb 10 (Jan 14 - Jan 23 nominations, Jan 24 - Feb 10 voting)

0 voters

If you have a preference, which dates works best for you?

• Jan 07 - Feb 03 (Jan 03 - Jan 16 nominations, Jan 17 - Feb 03 voting)
  • Jan 14 - Feb 10 (Jan 14 - Jan 23 nominations, Jan 24 - Feb 10 voting)

0 voters

1 Like

Not sure this is intended, but Jan 14 - Jan 23 is significantly less than two weeks.

It’s a typo (I was accidentally looking at December to see when the appropriate Sunday was). It should be January 27 for the end of nominations.

(I would edit the poll but Discourse blocks it after the first 5 minutes to prevent tampering.)

Not sure I meant to vote in the “if you have a preference” part. I clicked and it registered my vote without confirmation… If I have a preference, that’s it, but I’m not sure I do really…

I’m going to leave the voting open, but as of right now it seems that while there isn’t a proposed timeline that prevents people from participating, the Jan 07 - Feb 03 timeline is the preferred one, so I suggest we go with that and have @ewa.jodlowska prepare appropriately (who I assume will get @EWDurbin involved as the returns officer).

I’ll start a separate topic about how we want to collect nominations.

4 Likes