You can make polls!

(Pablo Galindo Salgado) #1

This post is just to show that you can make simple polls (using the little cog in the dialogue that shows when you are creating a message). Example:

Favourite Monty Python movie:

• And Now for Something Completely Different (1971)
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
  • Monty Python’s Life of Brian (1979)
  • Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl (1982)
  • Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life (1983)
  • Monty Python Live (Mostly) (2014)

0 voters

(Guido van Rossum) #2

Not technically a MP movie but I like Brazil.

(Gregory P. Smith) #3

Terry Gilliam FTW!

(Jack Jansen) #4

But how do I vote in the poll? Or is the poll already closed and is the problem that I don’t know yet what visual sign to look for to distinghuish between active polls and finished polls?

And - on a different topic - I’m also wondering wether I can still change a post after people have replied to it. So I’m trying that now.

Yes, apparently I can. I’m not happy, because this means I could have changed this post to say something completely different, and even though the history is kept it would, at first sight, make @pablogsal’s reply be completely unfounded…

(Pablo Galindo Salgado) #5

The poll is not closed. You can just select what option do you prefer using the radio buttons. Then, you can click “show results” to see who voted what (note: this poll is public and that information is revealed, but it can also be hidden away if the poll creator wants).

(Jack Jansen) #6

Got it! I was confused by the UI, because “hide results” is really “show poll” (to me at least). And I had pressed “show results” straight away (which hid the poll).

(Pablo Galindo Salgado) #7

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.