3.7.1 and 3.6.7 Release Update

We issued the 3.7.1rc1 and 3.6.7rc1 release candidates a little over 11 days ago with the plan to have final releases for each available by today, assuming no new issues arose since the rc1 cutoffs. While the good news is that, to the best of my knowledge, no regressions have been reported for the release candidates (or remain unfixed), several critical and security-related issues have been identified during the rc phase. Most of these have already been addressed (thanks for the quick responses!) but there remain a couple that still need to be finalized. Since there is a non-zero amount of fixes going in after rc1, I think we need to do another set of release candidates once everything is resolved. Because a number of core developers are right now attending various Python-related events, I am going to aim for tagging 3.7.1rc2 and 3.6.7rc2 after 2018-10-09 23:59 AoE, if at all possible, with final releases targeted for about 10 days later. I will send out an update as we approach that time.

Just a reminder to core developers: as always please try to get fixes merged in to all relevant branches as soon as you feel they are ready. There is no need to hold off during a release candidate phase. Release managers will cherry pick as necessary appropriate fixes from the release branches into subsequent release candidates or final releases. The sooner changes are merged, the sooner they will get buildbot exposure and potential exposure in the wider community.

Thanks!

7 Likes

And 3.7.1rc2 and 3.6.7rc2 are finally here. Assuming no new critical issues arise, the final releases for both are now planned for 7 days from now, 2018-10-20. Thanks, everyone!

4 Likes

3.7.1 and 3.6.7 finals are (finally!) released. Thanks, everyone! https://pythoninsider.blogspot.com/2018/10/python-371-and-367-are-now-available.html

6 Likes