3d plot of a triple integral in spherical coordinates

Hi, I try to solve a triple integral and to obtain a 3d plot in spherical coordinates. Python is running more then an hour and I even do not know, will it finish the calculation or not. Is there something wrong with code and is it possible to make it faster?

import numpy as np
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Qt5Agg')  # or 'Qt5Agg' for Qt backend
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from mpl_toolkits.mplot3d import Axes3D
from scipy import integrate
import multiprocessing as mp

s = 3
n = 1
p = 1
r = 1
L = np.sqrt((4 * p + r ** 2) / 3)
b = np.sqrt(2 * n * p)

# Define the integrand function
def integrand(k, u, c, a, t):
    return (
        (k ** 2) * np.exp(-1.5 * k ** 2)
        * (u ** 2) * (1 - u ** 2) * np.exp(-(b * u) ** 2) * np.cos(s * k * u * np.cos(a) / L)
        * (np.cos(c) ** 2) * np.cos(k * np.sqrt(1 - u ** 2) * (s * np.sin(a) * np.cos(t) * np.cos(c)
                                                            + s * np.sin(a) * np.sin(t) * np.sin(c)) / L)
    )

def calculate_result(a, t):
    result, _ = integrate.nquad(integrand, [[0, np.inf], [-1, 1], [0, 2 * np.pi]], args=(a, t))
    return result

if __name__ == '__main__':
    # Define the ranges for a and t
    a_range = np.linspace(0, 2 * np.pi, 20)
    t_range = np.linspace(0, 2 * np.pi, 20)

# Create a meshgrid for a and t
    a_mesh, t_mesh = np.meshgrid(a_range, t_range)

# Number of processors to use for parallel processing
    num_processors = mp.cpu_count()

# Evaluate the integrand for each combination of a and t
    pool = mp.Pool(processes=num_processors)

results = pool.starmap(calculate_result, [(a, t) for a in a_range for t in t_range])

# Reshape the results to match the shape of the meshgrid
    R = np.array(results).reshape(a_mesh.shape)

# Convert polar coordinates to Cartesian coordinates
    X = R * np.cos(a_mesh) * np.cos(t_mesh)
    Y = R * np.sin(a_mesh) * np.cos(t_mesh)
    Z = R * np.sin(t_mesh)

# Create the 3D plot
    fig = plt.figure()
    ax = fig.add_subplot(111, projection='3d')
    ax.plot_surface(X, Y, Z, cmap='viridis')
    ax.set_xlabel('X')
    ax.set_ylabel('Y')
    ax.set_zlabel('Z')
    plt.show()

Please always post code as actual text and not as images of text. Images of text are not accessible to users with screen readers, and also not copy-pastable, which is a a huge disincentive to anyone who might otherwise want to try and help.

Thank you. I posted the code fristly from the telephone and only now I am at the laptop. So I edited it.

Hi @Gerda it still needs a little work to be a properly formatted code block with correct indentation, which is necessary for Python code to be intelligible. You can format code block seither with the </> icon on the editing toolbar, or by putting triple backtick ``` fences around the code blocks (and not with a single backtick around every individual line which is what it seems to have now).

Is it right now?

The formatting looks good to me now. Thank you.

The code fences not only preserve indentation but also punctuation such as the MarkDown honoured in the “prose” sections.