About the Packaging category

(Ernest W. Durbin III) #1

A place to talk about packaging Python software and the tooling to make that possible.

Use this category for discussions relating to anything packaging in Python, including but not limited to:

For bugs and similar issues, please use the relevant issue tracker for the project in question.

Add a Packaging Category
(Ernest W. Durbin III) #2

@dstufft can you provide the correct copy for “about” this category?

(Donald Stufft) #3

A place to talk about packaging Python software and the tooling to make that possible.

Use this category for discussions relating to anything packaging in Python, including but not limited to:

For bugs and similar issues, please use the relevant issue tracker for the project in question.

(Carol Willing) #4

@dstufft Are you cool with me adding miniconda, conda, conda-forge as an addiitonal bullet?

(Donald Stufft) #5

If the people involved in those projects want their discussion to happen here sure that’s fine. I created this category as a replacement to distutils-sig so I just kind of copied over the projects that typically get discussed on distutils-sig. I probably wouldn’t want to add them if they don’t want discussion about their tools to happen here though… so I guess ask them?