Cant install ultralytics

when i do “pip install ultralytics” it says “ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit Dependency Resolution - pip documentation v24.0.dev0” but its a different thing and my error is not there and i dont know how to fix this.

According the its pypi.org page does not support python 3.12 yet.
Use python 3.11 instead.

1 Like

It absolutely is the problem you are encountering. The section there titled “Loosen the requirements of your dependencies” explains how to fix it, if it can be fixed.

What the page tells you is that Pip cannot find versions of all the dependencies that will work together, in your Python environment. Sometimes, that’s because one or more of the things that need to be installed (which could be the thing you directly asked for, in this case ultralytics) don’t have any working versions at all for your Python environment. The most important thing about your Python environment is the Python version.

In general, if you can’t install some third-party package, even into a fresh virtual environment, the best place to get help is from the package authors - for example, by using their GitHub issue tracker (if there is one, and if it looks like they are accepting such support requests).

The Pip documentation can probably be improved to explain this better. But it is definitely talking about the problem you experienced, and everything that Pip can possibly tell you about how to solve the problem is already there.

Good afternoon, and thank you in advance for the help.
I’m trying to install ultralytics (with this tutorial : Démarrage rapide - Ultralytics YOLOv8 Docs) to use yolo but when trying with “pip install ultralytics” in the cmd but it always respond by :
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘encodings’

Does someone know what to do ?

thank you for those who will help me

According to PyPI page it does not support python 3.12.
Try using python 3.11.