The December 2022 SC update, included below, was posted last night (it’s only a brief one because of the elections and the holidays).
- The Steering Council had their regular check-in with Łukasz (Developer in
Residence), and discussed the state of multiprocessing.
- The SC discussed the ownership and stakeholders of www.python.org with Deb
(the PSF Executive Director).
- The SC discussed
options with Deb.
- The SC discussed Brett’s suggestion to add Codespaces support to our
- The SC welcomed Emily to the SC.
- The SC summarized how it works: meetings, note taking, task list,
communication channels, public updates, PEP reviews, meeting with Łukasz
(Developer-in-residence) and Deb (PSF Executive Director).
- The SC discussed improvements to the process, mainly how to get updates
- The SC reviewed its outstanding tasks. Decision-making is left for the new
- The SC discussed the backwards compatibility policy, trying to find ways
to answer questions like “Does it need a PEP?”, “Should it be backported?”
- The SC briefly discussed managing the scope of the standard library.
- The SC discussed how to work with (full-time) developers who work too fast
for many reviewers to keep up with. (For a variety of reasons we expect
that to be a bit less of an issue with 3.12 than it was with 3.11.)
- The SC said good-bye to Petr.