In the Docs Community monthly meetings, we’ve discussed the need for gathering some metrics of page views from the docs:
- This would help translators prioritise and focus their effort on the most popular pages
- Likewise it would help us see which pages could most benefit from a rewrite or update
Plausible looks a promising choice:
- open source
- simple and lightweight, easy-to-use
- no cookies and compliant with GDPR, CCPA and PECR
- not as invasive as Google Analytics
- paid option, hosted in the EU
- free version, for self-hosting
The Docs Community would like to run a 30-day trial of the hosted version for https://docs.python.org. This would let us know how many page views we’d get, so we can see at what pricing level we’d need for paid hosting, and whether to consider self-hosting.
Are there any objections to a 30-day trial?
If not, I’ll next run this past the steering council.