EuroPython 2019 - talks & sprints

I won’t be at EuroPython 2019 (8-14 July in Basel, Switzerland) but I noticed there’ll be sprints. Anyone want to lead a packaging sprint?

Several talks will discuss packaging:

And a helpdesk session: “Open Source projects automation” by @webknjaz. (Sorry for missing that distinction earlier!)

3 Likes

Mine isn’t a talk but and a helpdesk session. But I’m happy to chat regardless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure about leading the sprint myself but I’ll think about joining.

I’ll not be able to participate in the sprints this time. :slightly_smiling_face: so I’ll need to defer :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll be coordinating the CPython sprints (possibly solo, at least nobody else has confirmed), so I can also be the feet on the ground for PyPA too.

It would be great to have some remote helpers for merging PRs though, as I may not even get a laptop out myself (based on last year’s sprints). Plus I have no authority over any PyPA projects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will also be at the sprints and available to help with the CPython sprints. Potentially setuptools as well if someone wants to work on it.

1 Like

I’ll be available online and for PR reviews. If need be, we can also chat over #pypa-dev.

Just sending a message containing my username, on that channel, should send me a phone notification. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be there. I don’t think I’ll have the bandwidth to lead a packaging sprint, but I can assist and review/merge PRs.

2 Likes

I’ll probably try working more on Official GitHub Action for publishing to PyPI

1 Like

Looks like smbd will be running a packaging Open Space today…