I just posted the February 2023 SC update, include below:
- The Steering Council synced up with the Developer-in-Residence (Łukasz) and discussed:
- Upcoming blog posts or press.
- PEP 703 (Making the Global Interpreter Lock Optional in CPython) status and potential work there.
- Current feelings of focus or lack thereof, what larger thing to own.
- Community management.
- Discussed what larger specific themes the SC would like Łukasz to focus on.
- Discussed some potential funding sources for PSF paid roles.
- Discussed PEP 697 (Limited C API for Extending Opaque types).
- Briefly discussed PEP 582 (a Python local packages directory).
- Noted other PEPs we all need to read up on, and that we need to send out January notes.
- The SC discussed the response to the questions Pablo asked about PEP 688 (Making the buffer protocol accessible in Python) and accepted the PEP.
- The SC discussed PEP 582 (Python local packages directory).
- The SC discussed PEP 684 (A Per-Interpreter GIL).
- The SC discussed PEP 701 (Syntactic formalization of f-strings).
- No meeting due to traveling and US holiday.
- The SC discussed PEP 701 (Syntactic formalization of f-strings) and accepted it.
- The SC discussed PEP 582 (Python local packages directory) in depth.