Graphical user interface

Greetings all,

am facing a challenge to design a GUI.
I have an algorithm and I will like to build a GUI around it.
the GUI will allow users to enter values and at the end, it will be able to display results.
I am not good at programming can anyone assist me, please.

Romia

Begin by designing forms non-technically like a non-programming user would. Define the input and output as a user would. After that, ask specific questions about how to do things. Also, tell us what you have already read and be specific about what you do not understand.

See GuiProgramming - Python Wiki. There are many to choose from so if you can clarify your requirements then that will help others help you. You can look at tkinter — Python interface to Tcl/Tk as one possibility.

1 Like

thank you so much for your reply.
actually, I watched many videos on youtube regarding Tkinter. I even managed to build multiple windows pages that can be navigated by clicking on a button. But I did that out of the algorithm by using pyqt5 and qtdesign.
now I am struggling to design those windows around the algorithm I have.
I watched some videos on youtube regarding Tkinter. but I am not able to implement it on my project.
I got the algorithm from SAM(system advisor modelling) software. I am trying to build an intuitive GUI around it.

please excuse my English. my home language is actually French.

best regards
romia

actually, I watched many videos on youtube regarding Tkinter. I even
managed to build multiple windows pages that can be navigated by
clicking on a button. But I did that out of the algorithm by using
pyqt5 and qtdesign.

Ah, ok. tkinter is a lot simpler, but it does not have a design tool to
write the GUI for you. I’ve just started using tkinter myself.

now I am struggling to design those windows around the algorithm I have.
I watched some videos on youtube regarding Tkinter. but I am not able to implement it on my project.
I got the algorithm from SAM(system advisor modelling) software. I am trying to build an intuitive GUI around it.

Can you post some code with what you’ve got so far? Ideally not very
big. And accompany it with some specific questions about what you’d like
to do better, or things which do not work or work badly?

please excuse my English. my home language is actually French.

Your English is enormously better than my terrible near-useless French.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson cs@cskk.id.au

Your English is quite good. We however might not understand what you mean by algorithm; perhaps you mean design. An algorithm might describe how to implement a design.

The better you can describe what you need, the better you are likely to get responses that are the most helpful. I am Sam but I do not know what System Advisor Modelling software is. If you can describe what you need without requiring us to know that SAM then that will help people that are not familiar with it help you.

thank you all for your replies it means a lot to me. thanks.

below is the beginning of the program in which I need to build the GUI. I added some comments so that we can understand what I need to do.
first of all, I need to build some welcome pages and ass the user to provide some information such as his or her name.

from PySSC import PySSC
if name == “main”:
ssc = PySSC()
print (‘Current folder = C:/Users/romia/Desktop/residential pv with battery’)
print (‘SSC Version = ‘, ssc.version())
print (‘SSC Build Information = ‘, ssc.build_info().decode(“utf - 8”))
ssc.module_exec_set_print(0)
data = ssc.data_create()
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’en_belpe’, 1 )
# ssc.data_set_array_from_csv( data, b’load’, b’C:/Users/romia/Desktop/residential pv with battery/load.csv’);
ssc.data_set_string( data, b’solar_resource_file’, b’C:/SAM/2020.11.29/solar_resource/phoenix_az_33.450495_-111.983688_psmv3_60_tmy.csv’ ); **“her I need to be able to ass the user to provide this information by choosing a file in a database”**in the next window we can ask the user to provide information such as floor area, stories, year built, number of occupant etc…

ssc.data_set_number( data, b’floor_area’, 2000 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’Stories’, 2 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’YrBuilt’, 1980 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’Retrofits’, 0 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’Occupants’, 4 )
Occ_Schedule =[ 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ];
ssc.data_set_array( data, b’Occ_Schedule’, Occ_Schedule);
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’THeat’, 68 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’TCool’, 76 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’THeatSB’, 68 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’TCoolSB’, 76 )
T_Sched =[ 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ];
ssc.data_set_array( data, b’T_Sched’, T_Sched);
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’en_heat’, 1 )
ssc.data_set_number( data, b’en_cool’, 1 )

I hope you understand what I mean. this program is working as I want but I just need to create windows and label around it. please this is just the beginning of the code.

regards

hope these images can help more.

best regards
romia