[HELP] I keep getting errors on this installation, please help

I am trying to install pycharm and pygame. I have pycharm, but I keep getting errors when I want to install the packages “python” and “pygame”.

I have added the path C:\Users\kaspe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32 to my environment table, as I’ve seen is the common issue online.

I have upgraded my pip to version 20.0.2 in pycharm.

My command output:
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement Python (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for Python

Do anyone know what to do?

Typically, this error occurs because the package does not currently have a version on PyPI that supports the Python version used. I haven’t looked into what Python version pygame currently supports (as of writing this, pygame.org is down), but I would recommend first trying to install the package to a previous version of Python, such as 3.7.x instead of 3.8.x.

2 Likes

Hello!

Thanks for providing context and exact error message! People often only say «it doesn’t work» which is impossible to solve for people helping remotely :slight_smile:

You didn’t say what command you run to get this output, but it looks like a pip error message.
pip cannot install or update python itself.

You already have python installed (maybe by pycharm, or in your OS), otherwise you couldn’t run pip!
So now you only need to install pygame.

1 Like

Omg, I feel so stupid, I have spend so many hours on this, but thank you! I think everything is working as it is supposed to now, thank you so much!

Thank you, it all seem to be working now! :smiley:

3 Likes