libraries for inventory and pc monitoring

hello, good evening, I am very new to python and I am trying to create a small software that gives me information about a technological field, I have used the psutil and socket library, to obtain some information, I would like to know what library I can use to know the graph model , motherboard etc as well as their serial numbers, also know if there are other libraries such as psutil, thanks for all

Any help?please

Welcome Jode!

This tutorial covers how to look at system information. I did not run any of the examples but it looks like it will get information from a Windows machine. The sample output is for Linux.

Best wishes!

Thank you! Unfortunately, that tutorial is the one I have followed but I cannot extract information from the PC parts such as models or serial number… can you help me?

Sorry, I did not check the puid library output for serial number.

I looked at some code that my former business partner wrote where we read the UUID of the motherboard. This is as close as I can get. This is not a Python issue, so you might find better help on Stack Overflow or another site like that.

import subprocess
returned_output = subprocess.check_output("wmic csproduct get UUID")
uuid_raw = re.findall(b"[0-9a-zA-Z]+-[0-9a-zA-Z]+-[0-9a-zA-Z]+-[0-9a-zA-Z]+-[0-9a-zA-Z]+",returned_output)[0].decode('utf8')

This code uses the Windows wmic utility (Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line). You did not say if you are using Windows or Linux. WMIC is deprecated in Windows 10 but will work. It probably does not work in Windows 11.

I did not do the development on this function so am not able to give more information from the project. These lines will read the Unique ID of the motherboard. This is as close to a serial number as I know how to get.

We use it in copy protection on our commercial software.