Looking for a new sponsor for `wasm32-unknown-emscripten`

I’m consolidating where my focus goes in 2024, and as part of this I’m no longer going to sponsor wasm32-unknown-emscripten as a platform (I’m continuing w/ wasm32-wasi; that’s supported by work and I’m working towards tier 2 support). I will officially remove myself from PEP 11 for Emscripten at the end of the year, but there’s already no buildbot so the platform is already out of compliance.

Long-term, I hope this doesn’t impact browser support (e.g. JCO may allow WASI to work in the browser).

So, if you would like to take over Emscripten support then please do! :slightly_smiling_face:

There is an offer to provide a buidbot at I'm stepping down as sponsor of Emscripten - #2 by Rosuav

Since no one stepped forward, I dropped support in PEP 11: wasm32-unknown-emscripten is no longer supported by brettcannon · Pull Request #3612 · python/peps · GitHub . I also opened Add error to autoconf when building under `wasm32-unknown-emscripten` · Issue #113632 · python/cpython · GitHub to track autoconf raising an error when run for wasm32-unknown-emscripten.

1 Like