On Windows how can we link to OpenSSL 1.0.2 (customized) version for Python 3.9.2 version

Hi Team,

Need Help on python build/link with different openssl

We have requirement to enable fips in our application

so we have specific 1.0.2 which is fips based, we have built the 1.0.2 openssl code using
perl Configure VC-WIN64a fips --with-fipsdir=path to the above openssl-fips location

Two libs got generated libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll

Now we need to use Python 3.9.2 which by default comes with 1.1.1i openssl libs.

So our aim is to link python 3.9.2 with openssl 1.0.2 so that we are using fips based libs

what we did till now for python is , got the source code of 3.9.2 and built it on Vs 2017 and generated all pyd, dlls etc. Next step we thought we need to link it to openssl 1.0.2 by replacing the include dir and libs in vcproj of _ssl.vcproj and rebuild again

can you please provide some inputs on this. is there any easy and best way which can be done

Thanks in advance

I replied in the other place you posted this, but essentially, there is no better approach than what you’re doing. You may need to make other code changes to support 1.0.2 instead of 1.1.1, but I don’t know off the top of my head what they would be.