Posts hidden and flagged as spam

While posting replies to this serious PEP topic https://discuss.python.org/t/improving-license-clarity-with-better-package-metadata/ my post are held as spam. Can someone help?

1 Like

I see some of your posts as grayed out with a mention “This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden”. I don’t know how to undo that, probably an admin or moderator is needed @pablogsal

Should be fixed by now!

1 Like

I’ve just seen this on two of my topics (100% of my topics :slightly_smiling_face:) Both are serious/genuine posts so it’s a little disheartening. I don’t know if it’s spam-spam…? Anyhow, I saw this thread so thought it worth mentioning at least. Thanks.

I have no idea if this is the correct place to bring it up, but I experienced the same thing yesterday. Someone randomly marked 11 of my replies from months ago (some as far back as July) as spam, and so succeeded in suspending my account. The automated message from “system” suggested that I could edit these posts to cause them to be automatically un-hidden, so I tried doing that to one of them, but it remains hidden even after saving my edit.

Is there any recourse? My “trust level” was apparently very low because I’m one of those luddites who migrated here from the mailing lists and only interacts with the forum by E-mail (this is the first time I’ve tried its browser-based features), so I have no idea if that contributed to the problem.

Apparently, the event I experienced was some sort of hiccup on the
part of the forum’s URL-based spam auto-identification mechanism. It
seems it reprocessed old posts and suddenly decided URLs for all
manner of sites (including Python’s own official documentation) were
spam. Once I found the “message” button at
https://discuss.python.org/g/moderators and let them know, the
stellar moderation team was on the case in no time and fixed things
up. That’s probably an effective way to reach them if anyone runs
into similar issues in the future.

1 Like

It is the same for me, I posted a long code and now its saying its a spanm