Preview error i cannot solve in python script

hi everyone, by no mean i’m not a python user . i use blender software and there is this addon that has some video presets preview when i click on preview i get this error which , i have no idea what it means. i tried to use admin access … giving the folders and files admin acess but nothing seem to change . please i need your help .

this is the error :

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\python\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 1026, in init
self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
File “D:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\python\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 1538, in _execute_child
hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Exactly what steps do you take, in order to cause the error?

It seems like you do not have a Python programming question, but a Blender support question.

i tried to find the solution on blender platforms but whenever i type the error most topics are python users, anyway as i mentioned above . this addon inside blender has a set of built-in camera animations and each camera has a preview button that opens an external media player to see what type of animation is that . whenever i push the button to preview that camera it get me this message … it used to work just fine before but something out of the blue happened. anyway i apologize if i missplaced this topic request.

This is not a permissions error. This means that whatever external
command was specified by executable was not found, likely that it is
not installed. Unfortunately there is no information about what that
program was.

Is that the entire traceback? Do you know the name of the addon you’re
making use of?

This will be pretty specific to Blender and the things it uses.
You might get better help here:

1 Like