PyCon Share Housing

Hello! With PyCon hotel accommodation finalising at the end of this week (14th April), I thought it’d be nice to start up a thread to help people find housing (both for PyConUS and other conferences)

As a guideline, you could let people know (with what you’re comfortable):

• If you’re looking or offering
  • Where
  • What
  • When
  • Costs
  • A bit about you
  • Contact details
2 Likes

I like this idea and I want to help facilitate, but for some people, disclosing specifically where they will stay is a concern for personal safety.

I wonder if somehow we can make this thread visible only to PyCon US registered attendees? This way we could at least limit the visibility to a small group of people and not to everybody on the internet.

Perhaps PSF staff can map registration email address and discourse username? Just one idea. Perhaps there are other ways to do this?

I will start!

• If you’re looking or offering

• Looking and offering!
  • What

• A single bedroom with a queen bed in a 2 bedroom suite (or any bedroom)
  • Where

• Embassy Suites with Orchid Events
  • When

• From 16th to 23rd, but happy with a subset of dates)
  • Costs

• All hotel rooms are ~$234 a night, so this opportunity would reduce it to $117!
  • A bit about you

• I’m a speaker from Australia, and love meeting people and exchanging stories from my travels!
  • Contact details

• Please message me here or reach out to me via linkedin :blush:

Thanks!

disclosing specifically where they will stay is a concern for personal safety.

Good thinking! I’ve made it more clear to only do so if they’re comfortable.

Perhaps there are other ways to do this?

Although I don’t understand why PyConUS don’t foster room-sharing or a room-sharing bulletin board, that would seem the most efficient to me (although discussing that further would be off topic).

Thanks all! I’ve found someone, but can still offer from the 21st to the 23rd, paid or not as it’d be a shame for the room to go unused!