PyGotham talks - and sprint/hackday?

@trishankatdatadog @Julian @woodruffw @bhrutledge @pganssle @dustin and other people who are potential PyGotham attendees (just guessing: @JustinCappos @jaraco, for instance) – I’d like to get further in planning this!

Tentative plan right now is that there’ll be an NYC Python event on Thursday night Oct. 3rd at Datadog. People who have never made Python packages can learn how to create their first packages – getting over the intimidation factor – and people who have questions about their existing packaging problems can come to “office hours” with Python packaging experts. So if a few people could volunteer to help with this, that would be great - please speak up in a reply.

I’d also like to to get at least 3-4 existing packaging developers (experts and intermediate-skilled people) together for a day, either on Thursday Oct. 3rd or Sunday Oct. 6th, to break code review logjams, make architectural decisions, and even promote new maintainers – basically along the lines of what I describe in “Software In Person”. If you’d be interested in participating in that hackday, please mark by “liking” (the “heart” button) dates that work for you, and I’ll check the aggregate sometime Monday to make a decision: