Pyinstaller Error

Hello all! I have been tasked with creating an application for a small company (huzzah!) and the application works (double huzzah!) however…I need to compile the application into an executable that can be downloaded on windows and apple computers. As per the whole internet, I downloaded pyinstaller and it seemed like it should be a pretty straightforward process for compiling the application using pyinstaller. Here’s where I need some help.

When I try to run pyinstaller any terminal I use says something to the tune of “pyinstaller is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.” I have added the path variables to my system and user variables on my computer for python. The following is the exact code and syntax I have used for installing using pyinstaller.

pip install pyinstaller
cd path\to\files
pyinstaller --onefile -w --icon=iconfile.ico CompanyApp.py
pyinstaller is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program

So I check that pyinstaller is there using pip list and it is in fact installed. The issue still persists. I have tried compiling the application in a virtual environment but pyinstaller only works halfway before telling me a need the python3-dev package which I cannot find/install.

Any thoughts or corrections would be extremely helpful! Thanks in advance!

Did you start a new terminal before trying the pyinstaller command?

Else, what is the output of pip show pyinstaller? (Edit: it’s show, not info.)