Python Language Summit at PyCon US 2023 in Salt Lake City

We’re excited to announce that the signups for the Python Language Summit at PyCon US 2023 are now open.

Full details at: https://us.pycon.org/2023/events/language-summit/

Just like in 2022, we are doing the Summit as an in-person event. We will be following the health and safety guidelines of the wider conference.

TL;DR

When: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 10:00am
Where: Salt Palace Convention Center, room TBD

Sign up to attend: https://forms.gle/YnWL1Hts6zDtdSgn7 (closes March 5th, 2023 AoE)

Who can attend

We welcome Python core developers and triage team members, active contributors to CPython and alternative Python implementations, and other community members with a topic to discuss with core developers.

Who can propose a discussion topic

If you have discussion items; seeking consensus; awaiting decision on a PEP; needing help with your core dev work; or have specific questions that need answers from core developers, please submit a proposal. According to feedback, our audience prefers more discussions and shorter talks.

In your proposal, please include the following:

• why is this topic relevant to the core developers;
  • what is needed from core developers out of this topic.

How can I learn what’s happening at the event?

Like in 2022, this year’s event will be covered by @AlexWaygood. A detailed summary of the event will be published on the Python Software Foundation Blog.

Is this event recorded? Can I watch the live stream?

No, there will be no recording and no live stream available. If you’d like to participate in discussions, please sign up to attend. If you’d like to listen in, please wait for Alex’s blog posts after the Summit.

We hope you have a great event!

Your Language Summit cat herding team,
@ambv & @Senthil

11 Likes

The acceptance emails have been sent. Reach out if you haven’t received yours. The schedule is on the website:

- Language Summit - PyCon US 2023

I’m not cross-posting it here in case of any last-minute changes. The source of truth is the website.

5 Likes