Segmentation fault in queue

Hi!

I am using the 3.9.12 version of the python optimized for intel and I am facing a segmentation fault when logging data to tensorboard…not sure what the root cause is (not much info).

I run python in WSL2 under ubuntu 20.04.

The following is logged when the segfault occurs:

Thread 0x00007fd9317fa700 (most recent call first):
File “/home/pet/miniconda3/envs/idp_py3.9_new/lib/python3.9/threading.py”, line 316 in wait
File “/home/pet/miniconda3/envs/idp_py3.9_new/lib/python3.9/queue.py”, line 180 in get
File “/home/pet/miniconda3/envs/idp_py3.9_new/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tensorboard/summary/writer/event_file_writer.py”, line 227 in run
File “/home/pet/miniconda3/envs/idp_py3.9_new/lib/python3.9/threading.py”, line 973 in _bootstrap_inner
File “/home/pet/miniconda3/envs/idp_py3.9_new/lib/python3.9/threading.py”, line 930 in _bootstrap

The code sometimes run quite long (a day) sometimes it just cannot be started (all the time after the segfault crash happened) and in those cases the python error points to other modules which had no issues previously…after a while python can be started. It seems as if sg were somehow remained messed up after the crash of python which messes up the re-start of python application.

VS code runs already with:

"pythonArgs": ["-v", "-q", "-X", "dev"],
         "PYDEVD_THREAD_DUMP_ON_WARN_EVALUATION_TIMEOUT": "1",
         "PYTHONFAULTHANDLER": "1",

ulimit -c has been increased to unlimited…but python does not seem to report any core logs when the segfault happens…RAM seems to be sufficient…

The following is in the queue.py at line 180: self.not_empty.wait(remaining)

Does anyone have an idea what could cause the segfault or how to find the root cause?

Thank you!