Skip-torch-cuda-test to COMMANDLINE_ARGS variable to disable this check

Hi I am trying to Install Stable Diffusion Locally – I am following Matt Wolfs instructions (Install Stable Diffusion Locally (Quick Setup Guide) - YouTube).

I keep running into the error below when I run the webui-user.bat
@echo off
set PYTHON=
set GIT=
set VENV_DIR=
set COMMANDLINE_ARGS=
call webui.bat

I am retired and not a great wizard with code… so if you can help a pensioner, it would be most welcome.

My system is:
System Model HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxx
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 46J19EA#ACQ
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics, 1801 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

ERROR in CMD line

run_python(“import torch; assert torch.cuda.is_available(), ‘Torch is not able to use GPU; add --skip-torch-cuda-test to COMMANDLINE_ARGS variable to disable this check’”)

I have no idea what this means… but it is stopping me going forward to get my IP address to run Stable Diffusion Locally…

Can you help guide me to get this fixed.

Many Thanks

Looking forward to your reply

Walt, from South Africa

In the bat file edit as the message tells you.

set COMMANDLINE_ARGS=–skip-torch-cuda-test

Beware this is hard to get working and it demands high end hardware.

‘cuda’ is Nvidia’s proprietary (and very successful and profitable) language for doing certain kinds of numerical computation on Nvidia GPUs. It is not available on AMD GPUs (Radeon). Hence the failure of the cuda.is_available check.

AMD has a new and much less widely used language for the same purpose. It appears that PyTorch in particular has not been re-written to use AMD GPUs. (I don’t know if they are even thinking of it yet.)

Hi Terry, many thanks…

Hi Barry, thanks for the reply, but it looks like AMD processors are not catered for at this stage…

Hi sir if you have time could you teach me how to edit those by using mobile? I also have those string that tell me to use commandline_args one but i don’t know how to do that can you please teach me I really want to access but i only use Google collab