SSL certificate issue?

I don’t know what changed…started getting SSL issues when installing a package in Pycharm on Windows10. Tried to install outside of Pycharm via command prompt…same issue and shown below. In looking on the web for solutions it seems this problem was resolved 3+ years ago…Any guidance would be appreciated.

python -m pip install datetime
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1122)’))’: /simple/datetime/
, (5 of the above…then)
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘pypi.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1122)’))) - skipping

I don’t use PyCharm, so I’m not an expert, but it sounds to me like you
need to contact their help forums.

I guess that it is possible that PyPI’s SSL certificate has expired,
and everyone else will see the same problem until PyPI fixes it. Or that
you have a man-in-the-middle attack, and the error is warning you of
that fact.

Or that it’s a simple internet connectivity issue, and it will come good
on its own. But I’m just guessing.

(For what its worth, I just tried pip installing that package, not in
PyCharm, and it worked for me.)

Thanks for your suggestions…it turned out that I was having an intermittent fail of my network interface (h/w)…so, now have a new device and all it good…strange symptoms that finally got bad enough that it pointed in the right direction.